Combining the tech-style toe unit of the Vipec bindings that feature a pre-defined lateral safety release, with the added benefits of an innovative heel-locking lever, the Tecton 12 provides ample power transmission with an emphasis on safety.
Combining the best of both worlds, the Tecton is a lightweight touring binding that performs like an alpine binding on the downhill. By utilizing the pin toe unit of the Vipec bindings, the Tecton remains nimble for the uphill. However, once it’s time to rip skins and charge, the Tecton’s innovative heel-locking lever provides the serious power transfer and security you’d normally reserve for a heavier binding, while also providing a solid connection from boot to binding to ski. The Tecton also features a lateral safety release that allows it to be set for specific release forces, which adds safety to your backcountry excursions. The easy step-in and the intuitive control provide security, especially in challenging terrain. The right mix of light high-tech synthetics and high-quality metal alloys provides superior stability at a low weight.
FEATURES & SPECS:
- Alpine heel with Power Rail
- Defined lateral release in the toe with DIN setting and 13mm of elasticity works in both ski and walk mode for skiing and avalanche safety
- Frontal release at the heel with 9mm of elasticity
- Improved step-in function for easy in-and-out
- Easy switch toe
- Static, heel-locking lever for added security and safety
- Three level heel riser
- Brakes included
- Micro-adjustable width wings help compatibility with any model tech insert
- Weight : [without brakes] 550 g (1 lb 3 oz)
- DIN: 5-12 Ski Width: >70mm