FISCHER OTX S-BOUND 112
S-bound 112 are the widest off track cross country skis from Fischer. The sidecut dimensions on these backcountry touring skis are 112/78/95. Choosing these skis means stability and control in all kinds of snow conditions. The width will make sure that you will stay on top of deep snow better than regular narrower cross-country skis. They also come with the Nordic Rocker Camber design. This means that the tips are raised a bit to ensure optimized gliding properties in deep snow.
A popular choice for hardcore backcountry skiers that want excellent overall maneuverability and outstanding downhill capabilities. Air Channel core is light, durable, and distributes pressure for excellent control. When the uphills are tough, Easy Skin quickly applies maximum grip and power.
This edition is made with crowns that is a pattern in the kick zone area that provides good grip without having to kick wax this area. If you want to further enhance the grip you can add on the Easy Skins (sold separately). Skins are one of the most effective ways of getting grip when skiing off track. The steel edges will ensure control on icy hardpack snow areas.
FEATURES & SPECS:
- Rental Tail Protector - Special components for extremely robust ski tails ensure they fulfil the durability requirements of ski rental.
- Speed Grinding - Universal stone grinding for perfect gliding properties in all snow conditions.
- Nordic Rocker Camber - Slightly opened ski tips for perfect gliding properties in unprepared terrain. Enables lighter turning with less effort.
- Steel Edge - Narrow steel edge along the entire length of the ski. Guarantees constant edge contact on every surface.
- Air channels integrated into the fibre glass wood core save weight compared to the pure wood cores and are more resistant to breaking. Better area pressure distribution.
- Offtrack Crown & Easy Skin - Exclusive climbing system combination for steel edge skis. If Offtrack Crown no longer grips in steep terrain, it's time for Fischer Easy Skin. Like a switch-on all wheel drive.
- The steel edges will ensure control on icy hardpack snow areas.
- Waxless with Easy Skin Capability
- Wax: Wax Free
- Sidecut: 112/78/95mm
- Ski Core: Air Chanel
- Ski Weight: 2690
- Skier Weight Chart:
VOILE 3-PIN BINDING – 75mm BINDING
Before the advent of compression spring cartridges, telemark binding designs relied on expandable springs to compensate for the rise in the heel when turning. Such springs were typically used in conjunction with some sort of flexible cable.
Enter the Voilé 3-Pin Cable Telemark Binding. Introduced in 1989, the name is a bit of a misnomer. As with all Voilé tele bindings, there really is no cable in the conventional sense. Instead, a pair of long, rigid, coiled springs with hooks and a locking heel piece complete the necessary toe-to-heel loop. The springs expand ever so slightly with each telemark turn and can be easily adjusted on the heel end. It’s a design that has stood the test of time, and still is very popular with skiers who prefer the comfort and flex of leather and softer-plastic telemark boots.
The so-called “cable” assembly hooks to a bomber toe piece akin to that of the Voilé Hardwire 3-Pin. Similarly, it can be removed to facilitate climbing and reattached for making turns.
At 1 lb, 13 oz. per pair, the Voilé 3-Pin Cable binding weighs in like a featherweight and performs like a middleweight. And if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Part of the beauty of tele skiing is how easy it is to explore the backcountry without any of the special setups that fixed-heelers need. Voile's 3-Pin Cable Traverse Telemark Binding provides plenty of classic spring-cable support for the descent with a tempered aluminum toe that locks your foot down for the ascent—just pop off the cable for easy, resistance-free climbing, and stick it back on when you're ready to roll at the top. Dual climbing bails take the stress off your legs, too, so you'll be that much fresher when it's time to shred.
FEATURES & SPECS:
- Tempered aluminum
- 75mm three-pin compatible
- Adjustable spring cables
- Dual climbing bails
- Cables can be removed and stowed for easy climbing
- Material 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Touring Mode: Yes
- Weight 2 lbs 2 ounces
Demo - Skis have been used for one season and are in excellent condition with minor scratches and top sheet and base (normal wear and tear)