How do you improve upon a 5 year-old, award-hogging backcountry ski design?
You make it lighter.
Introducing the Voile Hyper V8. The beloved shape and camber profile remain unchanged, but the rest of the ski has been overhauled. Starting with the core, we switched to paulownia wood from aspen. We’ve doubled the amount of carbon fiber and re-enforced the binding mounts to account for the lighter core. Finally, it’s all wrapped up in a sharp new graphic made from the most durable and snow/ice-phobic topsheet material we use.
You still get the irony-filled performance of the original Voile V8: Brawny, yet agile—fat, but featherweight. It has the width to float the deepest powder—yet remains quick edge-to-edge for all those non-powder days. It maintains a high fun-factor even in less than perfect conditions. It’s all of those things—just much lighter.
The Hyper V8 is a culmination of little changes to create a brand new award-winning high-performance ski. Same… but different… and still awesome.
FEATURES & SPECS:
- Anti-ice Topsheet - Exceptionally durable polyamide, with an irregular texture that slows the accumulation of snow and allows for easy removal of snow and ice build-up
- Double Reinforced Binding Mounts - Heel and toe mounting areas are double-reinforced to prevent binding pull out
- Voile Carbon-Weave x2 - Two layers of our proprietary carbon fiberglass regulate the ski's flex without an impact on bonding strength
- Laminated Paulownia Wood Core - The lightest wood core offered in Voile's line, with an impressive strength to weight ratio. Paulownia provides the ideal foundation for building a lightweight touring ski
- Rubber Foil
- Full-Perimeter Steel Edge - Two lengths of 2mm steel with inset teeth wrap the full perimeter of the ski. Each section meets at the outermost points of the tip and tail, and is painstakingly hand-bent to ensure a precise layup
- Sintered Black Base - This ski passes on the base graphics for the sake of an ultra-high molecular density base; making for faster downhill performance and greater wear/impact resistance
|Tip Width (mm)||141||143||146||150|
|Tail Width (mm)||123||124||126||130|
|Pair Weight (lbs.oz./kg)||6lbs 3oz / 2.80kg||6lbs 7oz / 2.92kg||6lbs 15oz / 3.16kg||7lbs 6oz / 3.35kg|
|Suggested Skier Weight Range (lbs-kg)||120-190