Attention details maniacs, over-discriminators and general malcontents: Your ski has just arrived.
To remain a contender in the backcountry ski category, we at Voilé have learned two valuable lessons. (1) Never rest on your laurels. (2) Never think that minuscule tweaks in any ski’s design will not alter its performance.
Introducing the Voilé SuperCharger.
Now, before you think it’s an even-stiffer and more-aggressive version of our original Charger, think again, because the SuperCharger is absolutely none of those things. In fact, it’s a ski probably more akin to our venerable V8. Except that it’s not quite as fat. And has a slimmer waist. As well as a wider, hard-working tail. Oh, and a more-subdued version of our signature “Voilé Hybrid Rocker.”
You can expect it to stick and hold a well-carved turn, yet weave through tight trees and rocks with ease. It’s definitely not a ski for riding switch, but it may be our best ski ever for the bumps. (Did we just say that?) And, of course, it wouldn’t bear our quirky name if it couldn’t hold it’s own in powder.
So, for skiers on either coast, and all points in-between, this might be the ideal ski. For skiers who enjoy making a variety of turn shapes and sizes in an even-larger variety of terrain and snow conditions, so much the better. And for skiers who just want to work a bit less while tearing up the hill, ditto that, too.
The all-new SuperCharger. Far from just a blend, it’s true varietal. And one grown right here in Utah, USA.
FEATURES & SPECS:
- Anti-ice Topsheet - Exceptionally durable polyamide, with an irregular texture that slows the accumulation of snow and allows for easy removal of snow and ice build-up
- Reinforced Binding Mounts - Heel and toe mounting areas are reinforced to prevent binding pull out
- Triaxial Fiberglass - increases dimensional stability along three axis
- Laminated Aspen Wood Core - provides a smooth/damp ride on the hardish conditions and more readily takes the abuse when things get out of hand
- Voile Carbon-Weave - Our proprietary carbon fiberglass regulates the ski's flex without an impact on bonding strength
- Rubber Foil
- Full-Perimeter Steel Edge - Two lengths of 2mm steel with inset teeth wrap the full perimeter of the ski. Each section meets at the outermost points of the tip and tail, and is painstakingly hand-bent to ensure a precise layup
- Sintered Black Base - This ski passes on the base graphics for the sake of an ultra-high molecular density base; making for faster downhill performance and greater wear/impact resistance
|Tip Width (mm)||143|
|Tail Width (mm)||126|
|Pair Weight (lbs.oz./kg)||7lbs 10oz / 3.46kg|
|Suggested Skier Weight Range (lbs-kg)||140+